Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 39: You are go for launch...



I did it!  I launched my first ever photo biz Facebook site.  After much encouragement from my wife and mentor, I took another step in promoting my work as an actual photographer.  My wife, Julie, helped me create the Facebook pages.  Now it's time to fill it with what I hope is interesting content.

You may notice in my profile it says "Artist".  I actually felt a little self-conscience about calling myself that.  I knew I didn't want this to be classified as a business.  For me it would be incredibly hard to maintain my creativity while being saddled with the burden of making a buck.  So I guess you'll have to classify me as a "starving artist".  Now that's not to say I wouldn't mind making a few bucks here or there.  But keep in mind what you see is what you get.  If folks see something they like and want to buy it, that's great.  If they don't, they don't.  Regardless, I'll keep taking pictures and sharing them with anyone who's interested.

So moving forward, it's my hope that through this web site I can provide images, thoughts and advice to anyone with an open mind and open heart.  I  can't promise you you'll like everything you see or read but it will be an honest reflection of me, warts and all.  Years ago a friend of mine coined a phrase I still use today to describe who I am.  "I'm an off-the-rack guy in a custom fit world".  T's and jeans.

"Like" me at...  https://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Karp-Photography/360329710646345

Wow, does THAT sound needy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment