Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 45: Happy Lovers Day!


I have to admit I approach this day with a bit of skepticism and reserve.  I'll be honest, I still don't get why we celebrate a day where we have to acknowledge our love and affection for someone.  I know some of you really look forward to this day.  There are many of you that love to go overboard in how you display your love for others.  And there's just as many of you sitting back, waiting and wondering what you'll receive from your loved one.  My question to all of you is "what are you doing the other 364 days of the year?"

Thanksgiving is my favorite "holiday" but I try make it a point to be grateful in my heart and hopefully to others nearly every day of the year.  If you're waiting for that one day of the year to be thankful, loving or generous, what an empty life you must have.  I guess that's coming off a bit judgmental.  But what I'm really trying to say is you should allow yourself to give and receive those small gifts of love, generosity and thanks every day of the year.  I truly believe you'll find your life much fuller and gratifying.

As for Valentine's Day, my wife and I pretty much tow the line, giving each other the requisite Valentine's card.  But instead of blowing a wad on expensive dinners, candy, flowers, trinkets, etc, we do lots of little things throughout the year to let the other know how much we love and appreciate them.  I can't tell you how many times I'll look across the way at my wife or see her walk into the room and be completely dumbfounded as to how lucky I am that this woman loves me and wants to spend her life with me.  Neither an expensive dinner nor power tools ever brought about that same feeling.  I can only hope I do as much for her.

Happy Valentine's Day to all.  Love and be loved, this day and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Chromecast is only the best way to stream media into HDMI port of your TV
    chromecast desktop

    ReplyDelete