Thursday, September 22, 2011

Facebook can bite me...

Yes, that's right, I've dumped my Facebook account.  I guess I've been a bit frustrated with the site for some time and the recent site changes and the unfortunate "Oops" have pushed me to the point of saying "to hell with you, Zuckerberg!"

Over the last several months so much random crap began to flood my page that in an attempt to clean things up I tried to filter on the activities of my close friends and family.  Somehow, in Facebook's infinite wisdom, this filtering process actually turned out to be a broadcast message to dozens of people, asking them if they wanted to be a part of my "family".  What the hell?  Really?  Not only was it a little bit embarrassing, it's just plain stupid.  Why on earth would you create something like a family list invite?  I think I know who my family members are.  I don't need to "invite" them to any frickin' list.  And oh, by they way Zuckie, when it comes to how I manage my personal account, that's really no one's business but my own. Any changes I make to who I communicate with or how I want to view the activities of my friends doesn't warrant an announcement to the world.  But, hey, we all know privacy and security have never been a point of emphasis for you and your script kiddies. 

Once again it's been proven that the measure of a man is NOT based on the size of his wallet.  No matter how much money you have, Mark, you're still a POS...

Post script - Don't worry folks, there are still things such as email, phone calls, letters and random positive thoughts.  You can reach me through any of those means as well as my SmugMug site.  :-)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment