Friday, August 5, 2011

Guilty Pleasures...

 
We've all got 'em and we're not likely to admit to it but I figured, what the heck.  As I get older I'm caring less what people think of me so here's my list of "guilty pleasures"...

  1. Chick films - Yeah, I like my fair share but in my defense I do have discriminating tastes.  No Miley Cyrus films, nothing from the Oxygen or Lifetime channels.  But give me "Devil Wears Prada" (Anne Hathaway!), "Bridges of Madison County" (Clint Eastwood starred and directed plus composed the musical score, enough said), or "Twilight" (the first one, although the Belle character really grates on me).
  2. Barry Manilow - Yep, I'm a huge closet Manilow fan.  I will say that at one point I tried to justify it by pointing out that he looked somewhat like Joe Montana, but that was a LONG time ago.  
  3. Abba, Bee Gees, Heatwave and assorted other disco bands - Yeah, they're cheesy but you have to admit, whenever a DJ wants to get people dancing, they'll inevitably turn to the disco favorites to get the party started. 
  4. Mimosas - I wouldn't normally consider this a guilty pleasure but when I was told by a gay man that mimosas are considered an "effeminate" drink I had to reconsider whether I wanted to share my liking of the drink with others.
  5. Bubble baths - Now before you judge, I don't gay it up by adding in candles nor the aforementioned Barry Manilow.  I don't know, there's just something very relaxing about bubbles. 
  6. "Lost" series finale - I've actually watched that episode a dozen times through Netflix.  I know most of you didn't follow the series and those that did, many of you HATED the finale.  For me it answered all the questions that needed to be answered but more importantly, all those scenes where the characters discovered their other "existence".... I still tear up when Jack touches his dad's coffin.  
  7. People watching - I'm still fascinated by people and for whatever reason I just like watching folks walk by, attending to their day.  In this day and age I need to be careful when doing this.  There's always going to be someone that will assume I'm some pedophile or serial killer.  
  8. Costumes - Especially historical stuff.  I love hats even though I don't look all that good in them.  I actually like Halloween and wouldn't mind dressing up for it.  Just never seems to happen.  But NO cross-dressing.  Yes, there are some pictures out there to the contrary but those should pretty much be buried, I hope.
  9. Facials - I've had a couple in my life and, MAN, are they awesome.  If you haven't had one you are so missing out.
  10. HUGE bowls of ice cream - Chocolate!!  No bowl is too big.  No chocolate is too dark.  I can never get enough.
 I'm sure there are more....

No comments:

Post a Comment