Monday, May 16, 2011

Time...


So what is it with getting old that makes us think of our own mortality?  Is it because our bodies don't perform as they did in our teens and 20s?  Is it because we have so little in common with those younger, "cooler", than us?  Or is it that we're losing parents, siblings and friends to time and circumstance?  Perhaps all of the above. I'm 49 years old and I find my mind entertains more thoughts on my legacy than on my mission. I don't know if I harbor the same thoughts and feelings as my peers but I've found that lately the farther I move through life the more my personal compass seems to be askewed.  I think less of ambition and more of spiritual awakening. I pray more and wish less. I look for meaning rather than results. I think of those that have crossed my path and influenced my life and I wish I could reach out to all of them to say "thank you".  I don't think there's a "right" or "wrong" path in our life's journey.  I think the key is realizing we're ON a journey.  I pray I have the vision to realize that and the gratitude to enjoy it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment