Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Alone or lonely?

I sometimes ponder over the meaning of being either "alone" or "lonely"?  I think you have to rule out any aspect of the physical.  We've all been in situations where we've been surrounded by people but felt alone.  I'm also sure many of us have been physically isolated but felt content in our surroundings.  I think the key difference is "connection".  When we feel lonely, we feel a disconnection that isolates us from the world around us.  Conversely, when we're connected, through our thoughts, meditations and prayers, we have a sense of self that accompanies us and binds us to everything.   Being lonely is a temporary loss of spiritual connection.  I've been lonely before and the feeling of emptiness can be overwhelming.  Rediscovering that connection can sometimes feel like an impossibility.  But rest assured, that connection is always there.  So when you feel lonely, know that you are not alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment