Sunday, April 11, 2010

Don't wait...

The death of a loved one is not the time to decide I'm going to be a more caring and compassionate person. Even though that death may have been the catalyst you need to get moving in the right direction, why wait for that moment to happen? Why not start today, by letting those in your life know how special, how loved they really are?
Funny how when someone dies, we all tend to reach out to the other people in our lives, telling them how much we love them, how much we appreciate them. It makes us all feel a little bit better and many of us even make a vow to do better at showing gratitude and appreciation for those around us. But there's still that cloud hanging over our heads, the one representing lost opportunity. That lost chance to affirm that person for the blessing that they are. I don't want to wait for another person to die before I decide to let the rest of the people in my life know how much I love them.
I won't sit here and babble on about woulda, coulda, shoulda. A friend died. But I know his spirit lives on in all of us. So with that I'll keep him with me as I do all of those that left before me. As he was a blessing to me, it's my prayer I can share that blessing with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment