Monday, July 4, 2011

Unexpected moments...

The other morning I got up pretty early with all the intentions of taking sunrise pictures of the Denver skyline.  I got to a spot along Federal and 82nd and even though it was still a bit early, only a little orange was creeping above the horizon, I could tell that the sky around Denver was hazy and cloudless.  Frustrated (or impatient) that I wasn't going to get the shot I imagined, I decided to bolt over to Marshall Mesa where we've gone hiking several times.  There's a great shot of the Flatirons from that location but just like the Denver skyline, there was a flat sky and a light haze all around the mountains.  Fearing I wasn't going to get anything, I turned my camera east in hopes of getting anything with some color and texture.  Well, luck would have it that a sliver of clouds rose above the horizon, blocking the sun but providing just enough light to illuminate the valley.  I took several exposures and when I got home I stitched them all together to produce what you see here.  I guess "produce" is rather presumptuous considering this was all God's work.  I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

So as they say, "Life is what happens while you're making plans", so too with photography.  All great intentions will come second to the things life presents to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment